Laboratory Director Benefits
- Sign-On Bonus
- PTO EIB & Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care
- 457-Roth Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan- 3% company match
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long- term disability
- Opportunities for professional development and continuing education.
Laboratory Director Responsibilities
- Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in performing chemical, microscopic, and bacteriologic tests to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of diseases by performing the following duties:
- Assigns, directs, and schedules staff and oversees performance of tests in fields of microbiology, chemistry, hematology, immunohematology, and serology.
- Trains staff appropriately to ensure quality results and exceptional customer service.
- Evaluates and modifies department’s policies and procedures.
- Establishes standards, normal values, and methods of control for each laboratory test performed.
- Plans, designs, and directs installation of new or improved laboratory techniques.
- Prepares and administers laboratory budget.
- Purchases or directs purchase of laboratory equipment and supplies and recommends purchase of capital equipment.
- Directs maintenance of inventory supply system.
- Prepares or directs preparation of various qualitative and quantitative reports and records.
- Designs and administers quality control program for each section.
- Consults on work in progress and completed work to assure accuracy.
- Directs the proper storage of hazardous materials and the laboratory safety program.
- Performs specialized and more difficult tests and procedures.
- Reviews current literature and attends meetings and seminars to keep informed of new developments in field.
- Coordinates and conducts education and training programs for medical technology students and personnel.
- Performs all Laboratory functions and duties as necessary.
Laboratory Director Requirements
- National Registered Medical Technologist - bachelor’s degree preferred; three years Lab Medical Technician. Continuing education on a regular basis.
Position Type : Full-Time
203 S. Daisy St.
Salmon, ID 83467